неделя, 30 септември 2012 г.

Never Been Kissed

 Haha, I seriously found Never Been Kissed hilarious. Not always in a good way, but still. So I'm gonna break it up in good and bad:

 Good stuff:

  • The whole idea of a grown-up being so dependent on approval by HIGH SCHOOL KIDS was deeply hilarious to me. Kind of sad, but comical. 
  • Josie's outfit on the first day of school. FEATHERS. Nuff said.
  • Rob's reaction towards whats-her-face being underage. He just went like, "AND A GYMNASTIC!" Lol I love u 4eva Rob Geller.
  • I don't know why but someone's last name being Geller makes them ten times more funny to me. Oh wait I know why, hello Ross and Monica.
  • Leelee Sobieski's character. SO MUCH AWESOME
  • Josie getting high. I'm sorry but hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahha FORK.
  • That time when she was fiiiinally popular and ended up walking around school with a LOSER printed across her head. I kinda saw it coming, though. However, still cool.
  • The dude in the van. He just kinda always had a girl around and casually stopped snogging to go like LETS WATCH JOSIE Y'ALL
  • Josie and Guy's costume for prom. I mean, it was pretty cool and all, but that's not why it's so good. The good part is, Josie goes like "We're Rosalind and Orlando, you know, from Shakespeare" and Guy is all "I HAVE A SWORD" :D :D So. effing. mature.
  • The kind of sad story about Josie having never kissed a guy. And her horrible adolescence. It was good, in a completely not-funny way, but every romcom needs a little sadsadsad :(
  • JOSIE AND SAM'S REUNION OMG I'M SORRY BUT I'M SUCH A GIRL AND I LOVED IT OMG SO CUTE :D :D :D 
  • The DNA costume. Awesomeeee! <3
Bad stuff:
  •  Look, I love Drew Barrymore. But seriously? During the second half of the movie, she's on the verge of tears all. the. freaking. time. Look, I get it, it's hard for you and all, but stop being so whiny! That's cheap acting. Hold 'em back. Let me see it on your face. Clench your jaw. Let your voice tremble. I don't know. Just don't whine like that!
  • How shallow and archetypical the characters are. Look, I get it, it's a comedy, but some of it was too much. I'm in high school and usually, when there is someone who doesn't fit in, people either try to get them to join the crowd, or, if that fails, just leave them be. But I guess I go to an extremely friendly high school. Anyway, no one actually takes high school that seriously and no one is actually like that. "People try to be us, but they end up being wannabees" or whatever. Hun, you're no Hollywood star; you're in high school. Shut your mouth. And, I'm sorry, but if you crash head-first in a door and fall over, someone is going to come and check if you're ok, even if you're the most unpopular human being on the planet. Fact.
  • The prom theme. What if you're single?!
That's pretty much it. I loved the film's 90s-ness. Awesome. As an almost-90s kid, I cannot not love it. And I'm saying almost, because I was born halfway through the 90s, but where I live, they were a bit late, so we had 90s spirit until like 2003, so I remember what it's like to be a kid in the 90s. I have no idea how many times I said 90s in that paragraph. I <3 the 90s.

7/10.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар